Cart is empty.
An increased focus on concept based additions: A chapter opening figure that includes an inductive caption and figure captions throughout that promote critical thinking skills and encourage the student to link important concepts.
Evidence based research and references which present the most current topics in a cogent yet thorough presentation.
Three times the number of case studies/nursing care plans were added to the book by including them in every clinical chapter and appear in one of two formats: nursing care plans and concept maps. Both formats include patient examples where pertinent history, physical assessment data, and laboratory findings emphasize the nursing role in the clinical setting. Both engage the reader by humanizing the material and helping readers continue to develop critical thinking skills. In addition, the case study concept map challenges the learner to create a concept map at the end of the presented case.
#test bank download#free test bank download#nursing test bank#medical test bank#free nursing test bank download#free medical test bank download#online nursing test bank#online medical test bank#solutions manual download#free solutions manual download#nursing solutions manual#medical solutions manual#free nursing solutions manual download#free medical solutions manual download#online nursing solutions manual#online medical solutions manual#ebook download#free ebook download#nursing ebook #medical ebook #free nursing ebook download#free medical ebook download#online nursing ebook #online medical ebook
UNIT I: NURSING AND THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.
1. The Health Care System and Contemporary Nursing.
2. Clinical Decision-Making and Evidence Based Practice, Research, and Technology.
3. Health Education & Promotion.
4. Culturally Sensitive Care.
5. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Health Care (including chemical dependency).
6. Nursing of Adults across the Lifespan.
7. Palliative Care.
UNIT II: SUPPORTIVE PATIENT CARE.
8. Health Assessment.
9. Genetics and the Multiple Determinants of Health.
10. Stress, Coping, and Adaptation.
11. Inflammation and Infection Management.
12. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances.
13. Infusion Therapy.
14. Complementary and Alternative Therapies.
15. Cancer Management.
16. Pain management.
17. Pharmacology: Nursing Management.
Unit III: SETTINGS FOR NURSING CARE.
18. Health Care Agencies.
19. Critical Care.
UNIT IV: PERIOPERATIVE PATIENT CARE.
20. Preoperative Nursing Management.
21. Intraoperative Nursing Management.
22. Postoperative Nursing Management.
UNIT V: ALTERATIONS IN CARDIOVASCULAR AND HEMATOLOGIC FUNCTION.
23. Assessment of Cardiovascular and Hematologic Function.
24. Coronary Artery Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
25. Heart Failure and Inflammatory Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
26. Arrhythmias: Nursing Management.
27. Vascular Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
28. Hypertension: Nursing Management.
29. Hematologic Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT VI: ALTERATIONS IN RESPIRATORY FUNCTION.
30. Assessment of Respiratory Function.
31. Upper Airway Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
32. Lower Airway Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
33. Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Nursing Management.
UNIT VII: ALTERATIONS IN NEUROLOGIC FUNCTION.
34. Assessment of Neurologic Function.
35. Dysfunction of the CNS: The Brain: Nursing Management.
36. Dysfunction of the CNS: The Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nervous System: Nursing Management.
37. Degenerative Neurological Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT VIII: ALTERATIONS IN SENSORY FUNCTION.
38. Assessment of Sensory Function.
39. Visual Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
40. Auditory Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT IX: ALTERATIONS IN IMMUNOLOGIC FUNCTION.
41. Assessment of Immunologic Function.
42. Immunodeficiency and HIV Infection/AIDS: Nursing Management.
43. Allergic Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT X: ALTERATIONS IN INTEGUMENTARY FUNCTION.
44. Assessment of Integumentary Function.
45. Dermatologic Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
46. Burns: Nursing Management.
UNIT XI: ALTERATIONS IN GASTROINTESTINAL FUNCTION.
47. Assessment of Gastrointestinal Function.
48. Nutrition, Malnutrition, and Obesity: Nursing Management.
49. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
50. Lower Gastrointestinal Tract Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
51. Hepatic, Biliary Tract, and Pancreatic Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT XII: ALTERATIONS IN URINARY FUNCTION.
52. Assessment of Urinary Function.
53. Urinary Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
54. Renal Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT XIII: ALTERATIONS IN ENDOCRINE FUNCTION.
55. Assessment of Endocrine Function.
56. Endocrine Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
57. Diabetes Mellitus: Nursing Management.
UNIT XIV: ALTERATIONS IN MUSCULOSKELETAL FUNCTION.
58. Assessment of Musculoskeletal Function.
59. Musculoskeletal Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
60. Musculoskeletal Trauma: Nursing Management.
UNIT XV: ALTERATIONS IN REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTION.
61. Assessment of Reproductive Function.
62. Female Reproductive Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
63. Breast Alterations: Nursing Management.
64. Male Reproductive Dysfunction: Nursing Management.
UNIT XVI: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN MEDICAL AND SURGICAL NURSING.
65. Multi-System Failure.
66. Mass Casualty Care.
Browse the collection of related category ebooks.